Step 1 -- Complete Application on College Website
- Counselor Handout - Can I afford college?
- Counselor Handout - College Month fee waiver codes and free applications
- Counselor Handout - Local Apprenticeships
- Counselor Handout - MCC Certificate & Degree Program Options
- Counselor Handout - Apply to Macomb Community College
- Counselor Handout - Michigan Hot 50 Jobs through 2026
- Go to a College Fair
- Finding Your College Fit - Big Future by College Board
- Is College Worth It?
- Do you qualify for an application fee waiver? Talk to your counselor!
- Directions for after completing an application
- Writing an application essay or personal statement
Step 2 -- Send Transcript to College
Step 3 -- Send Test Scores to College
Step 4 -- Pay for College
- Counselor Handout - What is Financial Aid?
- Counselor Handout - FAFSA Completion Instructions
- Counselor Handout - Michigan College Merit Scholarships
- Learn about the different types of financial aid at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/
- Financial Aid Myths
- Create your financial aid application ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov
- Begin your free application for federal student aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.gov/
- What's the difference between a "dependent" student and an "independent" student?
- Begin your scholarship search
- Get MI Degree - Michigan Association of State Universities
- GI Bill Information - Education Benefits Eligibility